CurbedSF links to a story in the San Francisco Examiner about the latest rankings in Eventful’s 2nd annual Most Eventful Cities. Los Angeles comes in second behind New York among U.S. cities “according to the number and diversity of local events for residents and visitors.”
The 2008 ‘Most Eventful Cities’ rankings are based on the total number of events listed on Eventful that took place in each U.S. city between December 1, 2007 and November 18, 2008.
While we may have dropped from 1st to 4th in the rankings for Music Lovers, and while that Performing Arts ranking is suspect, L.A. has made some notable accomplishments in 2008:
- We have taken over the #1 spot from San Diego for Pet Lovers
- We bumped New York out of the top spot for Night Crawlers
- We climbed from 4th to 3rd for Singles
- We’re hanging on at #10 for Sports without the NFL
- And we’ve retained our #1 ranking for Bookworms. Apparently, we have the mostest events for people who read good.
To sum up, we rule. Keep it up. Complete Eventful rankings after the jump.