One of the the BIGGEST, and I mean BIG, so big traffic backs up for miles type event here in the SGV is the Jet Propulsion Laboratory’s open house. Last year it was such a cluster of traffic and hurt feelings our friends at JPL are introducing a ticket system to stem the tide and bring some order to their open house.
The Open House set for June 4 and 5 will require a ticket. Deets here on their FB Page. Short of it is no ticky no entry. Order your tickets HERE beginning Monday 4/25. Based on the limited amount of tickets and popularity of this event across the metro area I’d suggest you be up at dawn and start trying to order for this don’t miss event to see how JPL explores our solar system.
I’m excited about the vast number of cool, cheap options for entertainment in Los Angeles this weekend, May 2nd and 3rd. A couple have been covered in more detail here on L.A. Metblogs already, but here is a quick guide, in case you can’t find anything fun and economical to do over the next couple of days.
- JPL Open House, Sat/Sun, 9am-5pm, FREE-Here’s your chance to see what the NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory rocket scientists are currently up to.
- Unique L.A., Sat 11am-7pm, Sun 11am-5pm, $5-Click on the link to read Travis‘ post on this more-than-a-craft-fair event.
- BarCampLA 7, Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 10am-5pm, FREE-An un-conference where tech enthusiasts come together to share, teach, learn, and play.
- Santa Fe Art Colony Open Studios, Sat/Sun 12pm-7pm, FREE-Over 40 artists will open up their private studios and allow you to peek inside their worlds of creativity.
- L.A. Metblogs Classic Eats #5, Sat 5pm-?, you name the price, which will depend on how much you indulge in cocktails or if you stick with water. It’s more about the atmosphere and company anyway, right?
- Circuit Bending Lecture & Demo @ Machine Project, Sun 1pm, FREE-Yeah, I don’t really understand it either, but Machine events are usually pretty awesome, even if they go over your head.
Personally, I’m overwhelmed by all of the amazing possibilities combined with weekend responsibilities. Isn’t it fantastic to have all of these options though? Aside from the above list, I’m sure there are many, many other music, film, etc. events at your disposal if you want to spend some money.
Feel free to leave any info on other happenings in the comments.