So I was having a conversation with an LA-hater the other day, and I found myself getting sick of defending my city.
I hear the same complaints over and over. For decades. Aren’t people TIRED of bitching about the same stuff already?
Shouldn’t it just be UNDERSTOOD that living in LA involves traffic? Involves flaky Industry types bragging over nonfat lattes? Involves no distinctly perceptible seasons? Is this stuff seriously NEWS to you?! If you people are still complaining about this shit like it’s some big SURPRISE to you, well, maybe you should get out more often.
So, I thought I’d make a List Of Things Not To Complain About Ever Again. Feel free to add your own in the comments.
- That asshole who cut you off
- Construction on the 405 that never, ever ends
- Women with fish lips
- Poorly marked freeway interchanges
- Everyone always gets so fucking dressed up just to go to the market
- LA has no seasons
- I meet people at parties and they promise we’ll hang out sometime but they never return my calls / Angelenos are so flaky
- It’s so hard to get anyone to look at my screenplay
- You people don’t know how to drive in the rain
Ok, ready? Go for it! Add your own complaints you’re fucking sick of hearing!