Sorry to toot my own horn, but to quote Ruth666, “what good is a blog if not for shameless self-promotion?”. Barely two years ago I was invited to join the Metblogs crew and here I am at post 600. A little reflection of what I have posted in a semi-best of. Since I haven’t hit 1,000 (yet…late 2010 maybe) I couldn’t quite come up with 10 favorites but here is what I have:
- Ride along with Pasadena PD that ended with a murder.
- The answer to gang violence is teaching virtues to our kids.
- Monrovia’s not so stellar human rights and sexual harassment record with its police dept employees.
- Beating the local TV and print media with a story on the Sierra Madre Fire in ’08.
- Ride along with Arcadia PD that ended in a Q&A with our readers questions.
- After an attempted toss out of a press conference, I asked “Is a blogger the media” and got a boat load of answers.
- I interviewed a parking tard named “Richard”, our readers renamed him “Dick”.
- I chronicled a few hawks on my street, the youngest of which could not quite get a grip on his first trip out of the nest.
- This car lovin’ guy wants a rail system that works and brought out the crayons for his dream routes.
There you go, not too bad a list for a gabacho with a keyboard out in the SGV. I can’t tell you what I’ll post next but I promise to continue to annoy you one key stroke at a time.