The band asked Eric how he heard about the screening and he said Metblogs. Thanks for the shout out, man! Then the band sent me a direct message on twitter to thank me for spreading the word (my previous post here). How cool is that?
Here are some soundbytes Eric clipped during the Q&A with the band and the director after the movie:
– A lot of people turned out for the screening, the top of the theater was packed
– The band is being managed by the manager of the Scorpions now
– EMI Canada recently changed their minds and decided to press a few CDs for the band (after rejecting them in the movie)
– Anvil brought their last Sundance poster for some guy named Oscar (a dude in the audience who was having a birthday)
– They couldn’t get distribution for the movie, even though everyone at Sundance loved them, so they’re doing it on their own
– They will have three tracks on Rock Band soon
– Audience Question: “Why dildo’s?” Anvil Answer: “They were $3 each”
Thanks again for the follow up, Eric!