If you missed it last year, make a point of attending this year’s LA BBQ Festival. It will take place at Santa Monica Beach just north of the pier this weekend May 9 & 10. I am so in and so should any carnivore that loves fresh pork, beef and chicken BBQ. Each plate of Barbecue will be priced at $10. Add in a beer tent and a few bands and this is a party not just some parking lot festival.
The folks over at LA BBQ Festival also have in a special discounted admission for the LA Metblog readers. Simply type in coupon code “met” and your general admission drops from $10 to $5. The same code drops the VIP ticket from $50 to $35. The VIP ticket gets you admission for both days and front of line privileges, which is something to consider if you are on a mission to sample all they have to offer. The first hour of each day (noon-1pm) is limited to pre-purchased tickets, so in addition to a discounted rate, you’ll also be dealing with shorter lines for food and beer.
The list of local and nationally known pitmasters is pretty impressive. Of course my favorite, Robin’s Ribs from Pasadena will be present. Chime in if your favorite local BBQ is listed here.
The list of those attending:
- Robin Salazar, Robin’s Wood Fire BBQ, Pasadena
- Gus’s BBQ, Pasadena
- Melinda Race, Bristol Farms, Los Angeles, CA
- Jonathan Burrows, Mr. Cecil’s BBQ, Los Angeles, CA
- Danny Fisher, Baby Blues BBQ, Venice, CA
- Susie Q’s Brand, Santa Maria, CA
- Chicago BBQ Company, Chicago
- Bryan Bracewell, Southside Market & BBQ, Elgin, TX
- Butch Lupinetti,(of Bobby Flay Smack-down fame) Smack Your Lips BBQ, NJ
- Joey Sutphen, Texas Thunder BBQ, TX
- Mike Mills, Memphis Championship Barbecue, Las Vegas, NV
- LC Richardson, LC’s, Kansas City, MO
Deets: Santa Monica Beach just North of the Pier in Santa Monica. Saturday and Sunday May 9 & 10. Noon to 6PM. Tons more information on the LA BBQ Festival Web Site. When entering your coupon code make sure you click the “Additional prices” button to get the discounted price.