Life’s not bad when you’re a surfing hero. You get scooped up by Hawaiian beer brands to tour Hawaii and California, for example. And then of course you get to surf for a living. There’s that.
My dad’s a die-hard longboarder and I grew up with a great appreciation for surfing matched only by my mortal terror of the vast ocean and that big scary board. And sharks. But I still really love watching the sport, and I *have* overcome my fears from time to time & ventured out with Dear Old Dad for a few waves. I then feel like a badass for two weeks.
So when I heard Rusty Keaulana, Keoni Watson, Micah Nickens, Brad Gerlach, Chris Malloy and some guy named Spam were touring in a classic VW Double Cab and a custom woody through LA, chez Primo Island Lager, I had to post it. Locations where you can get your board/posters/boobs autographed by pro surfers & enjoy a refreshing island beverage, behind the jump.
WHEN & WHERE
Day 1 – April 28
• Paradise Cove – 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Malibu)
• Beachcomber Café – 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Malibu)
• Duke’s – 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. (Malibu)
Day 2 – April 29
• Barney’s Beanery – 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. (Santa Monica)
• Baja Cantina – 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Marina Del Rey)
• Hinano Cafe – 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. (Venice Beach)
• Big Dean’s Oceanfront Cafe – 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (Santa Monica)
• Rusty’s Surf Ranch – 6:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. (Santa Monica)
• Shore Restaurant & Lounge – 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. (Hermosa Beach)