I love when local small businesses take on big charitable projects such as this. It takes one or two dedicated folks who come in to the office every day and chat over the water cooler to take the initiative and decide, “Hey, let’s do something special with the office this year!” Our latest good citizen:
For the next few days, the office of Bob Taylor Properties will serve as a drop off point for Operation Santa Paws.
Operation Santa Paws seeks donated pet toys for shelters and rescues to improve the health and demeanor of those pets while reducing their stress to increase the animals’ chances of being adopted. The simplest toys can make the animals much more comfortable. Cats enjoy rolling toys, such as small plastic balls or other “batting” toys that can be hung from cage doors, while dogs tend to prefer items like the heavy-duty Kong rubber chew toy.
NOTE Because of safety and/or housekeeping concerns, stuffed toys, tennis balls, rawhide items and pig ears can not be accepted.
Drop off through December 19th – Bob Taylor Properties, Inc, 5526 North Figueroa Street, LA 90042.
More info www.santapaws.info
Santa Paws’ Wish List is behind the jump.
· Durable puppy/dog toy, such as indestructible Ball, Nylabone, Kong,
Booda, Gumabones, Velva or Best Ball brand toys
· Pup-Peroni, soft Milk Bones or other soft jerky type dog treats
· Dog and cat shampoo
· Dry puppy food
· Dry and canned kitten food
· Large and medium food/water bowls
· Durable kitten/cat toys
· Cardboard serving trays for use as litter boxes (available for
purchase at Smart & Final)
· Plug-in, or durable stand-alone electric or battery-operated
· Heating pads for infant animals
· Cleaning/kitchen supplies and air freshener spray, kennel cleaning
· Scrub brushes, rubber curry brushes, mops, brooms, heavy-duty water
· Laundry detergent, dishwashing gloves, baking soda, bleach, paper towels
· Plastic aprons or smocks
· blankets, bath towels (used or new)
· 6′ nylon dog leashes
· Flannel baby blankets for kittens
· Paper towels & bathroom tissue
· Top-loading cat carriers
· Pet supply and home improvement store gift cards
· Cardboard cat scratchers
· Ziplock food storage bags, all sizes
· 33 and 13 gallon trash bags
· Liquid hand soap
· Dish washing detergent
· Laundry detergent
· Polaroid 600 film
· Postage stamps
· Office supplies: dry erase board markers copy paper, envelopes, etc.
· Donations for our special needs and veterinary bills
· Dog and cat sponsorships
· Foster homes for adult cats
· Forever homes for cats and dogs
· gift cards to retail pet supply or home improvement stores (i.e.
Petco, PetsMart, Target, Wal Mart, Rite Aid, Smart & Final