The Los Angeles Business Journal is reporting that Rick Caruso, the man behind the Grove and the new Americana at Brand in Glendale, has been named to the Coliseum Commission by Governor Schwarzenegger.
The Commission is a state and local authority that oversees the Memorial Coliseum, two-time site of the Olympic Games and home stadium to USC Football.
“I look forward to working with my fellow commissioners to enhance this great icon of our city and ensure its future as a dynamic, profitable and appealing venue,” Caruso said in a statement.
Speculation has already begun on Caruso’s plans for expansion.
- The immediate sale of Coliseum naming rights
- 763 live-work lofts
- 52 national retail outlets including Banana Republic, IKEA, and H&M
- A Trojan Trolley
- Statue to be named later
- Fountain light show and hourly torch lighting
- The tallest LED-lit Christmas tree in the world
- $30 parking
- Johnny Rockets
- Endless supply of lollipops for the children
- Year-round snow