It’s that time of year again – Felt Club is upon us!
FELT CLUB: HOLIDAY 2008
Sunday, NOVEMBER 16, 11am-7pm
@ Shrine Auditorium Expo Center
700 W. 32nd St., LA CA 90007
No longer a monthly or even quarterly indulgence, we’ve got to get it all in in one day – which is kind of cooler because the annual FC is the cream of the craft crop.
What’s in store, you ask?
• Nearly 150 amazing vendors, offering the best in indie craft and design
• DIY Workshops with the Urban Craft Center & Quarry Books
• Embroidery 101 with Sublime Stitching‘s Jenny Hart
• Jewelry Workshop with French General‘s Kaari Meng
• Handmade Nation documentary sneak preview screenings
• Recycled Giftwrap Booth with ReForm School
• Special Musical Performance by Leslie Hall
• A snack bar offering sandwiches and salads, pastries and coffee, and a full bar!
• Music Provided by DJ Lance Rock (Yo Gabba Gabba), Dirty Robot & Mr. Cocoon
• Hosted by three-time Martha Stewart guest, L.A. “histotainer” Charles Phoenix!!!
PLUS: Swag bags for the first 250 visitors, door prizes, book signings & more!
Admission is free for kids 13 and under, for everyone else they’re asking a $5 donation at the door. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Handmade Nation , the forthcoming documentary film chronicling the rise of art, craft, and design.
The balcony will also be hosting a second, separate event, Swap-O-Rama-Rama , a recycled clothing extravaganza!