- The Fake Angeleno celebrates the 6-month anniversary of his relocation from NYC with a report card. Check out his list of 4 reasons why L.A. is better than New York.
- Girl From the North Country goes to a wrap party, gets touched by Tea Leoni and rocks out with Billy Bob Thornton. Better than the other way around, no?
- Blogdowntown takes a look at the churches of Downtown L.A., including First Methodist Episcopal at 8th and Hope, which was demolished to make way for… a parking lot.
- What are you doing for Bastille Day? Caroline on Crack wants you to eat and drink for a good cause at the Foundry on Melrose. All proceeds go to help Billy Walsh, a cook at Craft Restaurant and a waiter at Osteria Latini who was seriously injured recently on his way to work.
- And say what you will about Tony Pierce, but, the guy can motivate. He’s wondering why you haven’t written lately. “you know who writes when you dont? all the people you hate.” Is it just because he cares? Is it just because he’s drunk? Does it really matter either way? Log in to your stupid little blog and write something already. Today. Do it for the children. Do it for Los Angeles. Do it for Tony.
Photo of the long-gone First Methodist Episcopal from USC Digital Archive