Not to beat the deadhorse on this topic, but just for the helluvit on the way in to work (when I wasn’t talking on my cellphone while biking because it’s still totally legal to do that, suckaz) I decided to see how compliant you motorizing angelenos were on the first day of the new No Cellphone To Ear While Driving Ban But For Some Reason Texting Is Oh Fucking Kay Law.
Of the 282 vehicles I tallied along the 14.5 mile route between Silver Lake and Westchester, here’s the breakdown:
- Drivers with visible headsets: 27
- Drivers with invisible headsets: Ha!
- Invisible drivers with visible headsets: OK, I’ll stop.
- Drivers texting while driving (and looking kinda guilty): 1
- Drivers talking on phone while pulled over to the side of the road at a complete stop: 1
- Drivers talking on phone while driving: 0
I’m impressed! The streets looked like it was 1989 this morning! Oh, and bonus Stat:
- Pedestrians on cellphones: 3