- The Dodgers came “home” to the Coliseum over the weekend. Rene’s Ramblings was there. He sat in Section 26 Row 56. He was the guy wearing blue.
- Words For My Enjoyment hates people that eat while driving. He presents the Auto-Eater Driver’s Examination Test. Learn the proper way to make a left turn while eating a Taco Bell bean burrito.
- Scribe Skid Row gives us a first-hand account of getting his life turned around by getting his California driver’s license and signing up for continuing education classes.
- The Rogue Wave takes in a show by the Magnum Opus players. They “perform unsolicited screenplays in horrible condition which have been sent to an unnamed mainstream Hollywood film company.”
Within a few lines of the opening, the nature of the script was painfully clear. Mis-formatted, awkwardly worded and full of unnatural-sounding dialogue with tons of spelling and punctuation errors. And every gaffe was performed, as written, by the cast.
- And attention Silver Lake and Echo Park: You are not Eastsiders. West Hollywood: You’re not necessarily Westsiders. Glendale: You’re in the Valley. Deal with it. The Militant Angeleno puts his foot down on Eastside-Westside debate. The discussion is over… at least until the comments begin.