What makes living in L.A. more unbearable, LAUSD or the lack of a middle class?
I asked some fellow teachers, “In one quick sentence, what is the worst thing about LAUSD?”
• “LAUSD is too big.”
• “LAUSD is too bureaucratic.”
• “LAUSD lacks a clear vision.”
• “There is too much outside interference by superiors.”
• “LAUSD is the DMV, court, and post office, rolled into one.”
• “The worst thing is that one sentence is not enough to describe how bad it is.”
The lack and diminution of the middle class is having a negative impact on our local economy. But LAUSD is undermining our ability as a society to develop a thriving middle class by providing a shoddy education to a generation of students unprepared for higher education.Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Poll closes Thursday at 3pm.