jozjozjoz here covering the Friday LA blog roundup for the first time. Thanks for joining me as I lose my roundup cherry.
Anyway, here goes…
- Franklin Avenue reminds us that CBS moves from Television City to Studio City. Despite that, Television City will still be the place that people will be “comin’ on down” for “The Price is Right.”
- Tons of folks have been returning from Austin, recovering from SXSW. Colleen, the Communicatrix gives her SXSW de-brief, and she includes an image of her blog card “deconstructed © 2008 by Hugh MacLeod.” Cool.
- The always awesome Brian Humphrey at the LAFD blog shares the Top 20 Reasons for Meeting a LAFD Paramedic. Clocking in at the top spot is “Breathing Problems: 98 incidents per day.” Well, yeah. Those folks just take my breath away with what they do.
- Speaking of catching one’s breath, Robert Daeley of Celsius 1414 celebrated the 5th anniversary of his Last Smoke, that is the last cigarette he smoked after 17 years of the habit. In his words, “Oxygen is good. Carbon monoxide, not so much.”
- Cindy at Loteria Chicana complains about the news coverage given to a recently renovated McDonald’s in Hacienda Heights which now uses feng shui elements to relate to the Asian community there. At the same time, only one piece of coverage goes to the news that three men were charged for the
20062002 “cold case” murder of Gloria Gaxiola, whose body was found after being dragged four miles by a car.
Photo courtesy: Fire Monkey Fish, used under Creative Commons License