From traffic maps to live freeway cameras to radio info, a quick roundup of sites and tools that might help you make better decisions on routing before hitting the roads – especially during a downpour:
- SigAlert.com has an interactive map providing traffic flow info at a glance and incident information.
- LADOT provides surface street information, albeit for roads within the borders of the City of Los Angeles.
- CBS2’s Traffic Map – very slow to load, but pretty to look at.
- KNX 1070 has “traffic on the fives” that can be listened to live online. KFWB 980 also provides frequent live traffic reports, listenable online.
- The Department of Transportation provides multiple live traffic feeds from freeways throughout California. In Los Angeles: on the 5 and 60; the 10, 105 and 605; the 101 and 110; and the 134 and 405.