Or not. But how about an outdoor screening/drive-in of “Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure” in downtown L.A.? (please note that last year blogging.la P.W. Herman was selected as one of the Greatest Fictional Angelenos.)
Sure, its no cemetery (or Alamo), but event producer Nico “Bella” Beretta has ensured there’s plenty to make this stand out:
- Come by foot or car or even bike!
- Food provided by Big Red Tomato
- FM Transmitter puts the sound into your car!
- Car Hops bring the food & popcorn to you!
- BYOB or Booze DELIVERED by the Golden Gopher
- $25 per car load so Pack ‘Em In the trunk if you have to (RSVP to make sure they have space: [email protected])
- $7 per walk/bike in… bike in dressed as Pee-Wee to get in for $5
Sorry for the last minute notice, but this event is TONIGHT! Venue opens at 7:30pm, film begins at 9:00pm.
And cyclists: the event ends as this evening’s Midnight Ridazz begins! The theme: “Night of a 1000 Pee-Wees”. The route is suitable for even an amateur (dare I say pee-wee?) Ridaa: “A short 8 mile loop through downtown and is beach cruiser friendly”.
More info, including notidifcations of upcoming screenings, on the Angel City Drive In blog.