If you’ve been outside at all today, you may know that it’s hot in Los Angeles. It’s damn hot. It’s so damn hot, we should expect the obligatory “Hey! You can fry an egg on the sidewalk in Encino!” news story sometime in the next three days.
So consider this your friendly reminder to take care of yourself during the massive heat we’re supposed to get in the near future:
- Stay hydrated. Contrary to popular misconception, you can get dehydrated before you get thirsty. Sadly, beer doesn’t count as hydration, even shitty American race car beer.
- If you have elderly neighbors, you should check in on them while it’s still eleventy brazillion degrees out. If you’re lucky, you’ll get to hear some stories about WWII and some of that weird grandma candy.
- If you have children, keep them hydrated and out of the sun for extended periods of time. No, you can not give your children beer or grandma candy to keep them cool.
- Try not to run big appliances like washers and dishwashers during the heat of the day, because everyone else in the city will be running their air conditioners, and blackouts are bad, mmmkay?
- Did I mention stay hydrated? That’s really important.
Be careful out there, and stay classy, Los Angeles.