– The report says that Officer Farrell only punched Cardenas twice, however at least 6 punches are seen on the video.
– The report says Officer Farrell punched Cardenas in the face only after he grabbed at the officers belt, the video shows Cardenas hands no where near Officer Farrell’s belt when he began punching.
According to the story Cardenas’ attorney is also disputing the claim that he is a Gang member which ads more focus to that specific question. The original CopWatch report also claimed he was not a gang member but all LAPD reports and press statements have maintained that Cardenas is in a gang.
On 20/20 last night they had a brief interview with the woman who filmed this video and she claimed that the officers were yelling at her to stop filming the entire time however since she was on private property and not violating any laws she continued to film, but this makes me wonder why the report would vary from the footage since the officers knew they were being filmed.
More Metroblogging Posts About This Video
* A New LAPD Beating Video? – posted 11:11 AM on Nov. 08
* Update: FBI looks into the LAPD video – posted at 6:40 PM on Nov. 09
* The Video, the LAPD Blog, and how the two will relate – posted at 7:40 AM on Nov. 10