If you’re planning on going, and it’s your first time, here are some tips (most of which are obvious but I’ll mention anyway just to be safe):
- If you get there early enough, you may be able to park in the lots at The Brewery (but it may be frowned upon). As a backup measure, park on Main St. Otherwise, park in the UPS lot (entrance is at the south end of
I think Clover St.Moulton Ave.) and if you do that, be sure to retrieve your ride by 6:00 PM sharp as the lot closes at that time.
- Bring cash. Most artists will most likely accept checks for larger amounts if you buy something,
but ATMs aren’t readily available (unless I’m mistaken)and the nearest ATM is one block away from The Brewery at the 7 Eleven on the corner of Main and Daly.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’re going to doing a *lot* of walking.
- And give yourself plenty of time to take in how every artist’s loft is decorated. You can get lots of ideas from that and their work. I always walk away from the Artwalk feeling creatively energized.
- Speaking of feeling creative, if you’re a shutterbug, bring your camera.
UPDATE: Thanks to Kat for the corrections.