Just when I was about to write off the Star Wars Line as so April along comes this to spark my atention again. It seems that the nerds have been imortalized at Legoland California. This photo (right) and the ones on that link were taken of the model of the Chineese Theater at Legoland and you can clearly see the urban camping enthusiasts lined up outside. The “opening night” and Star Wars posters kind of point at our friends on Hollywood Blvd as the inspiration. Unfortunately I didn’t see any lego pizza’s so I guess it’s not too realistic.
UPDATE: 10 things Legoland can do to make the Legoline more nerd-tastic.
- Add Lego pizza delivery guy dropping off Lego pizzas.
- Lego Eliott trying to get Lego JSto to touch his Lego lightsaber. (wil)
- Add self-righteous Lego Alpha Nerd explaining how lucky you are that they’re answering the Lego payphone.(wil)
- Add homeless Lego man wantering into the camp, howling about how Darth Vader is controlling him with a brain implant, and then urinating on an unattended laptop. (defamer)
- Hide the Legoline under a giant Lego Netfilx box.
- Relocate poster indicating Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is playing to a different theater down the street.
- Add a Lego internet complete with bloggers pointing, laughing.
- Add Lego LAPD complete with officers pointing, laughing.
- Add Lego Frodo.
- Add Lego George Lucas soaking up free publicty, counting cash, pointing, laughing.