So the California Highway Patrol recently launched a website designed to bust California residents who drive with out-of-state plates:

Report Vehicles with Out-of-State License Plates to the CHP

Did you know that the State of California loses millions of dollars a year in revenue from California residents who unlawfully register their vehicles in other states or countries?

Did you know that vehicle registration fees are due immediately upon accepting employment or establishing residency in the State of California?

Did you know that California law permits only 20 days to complete the process of registering your vehicle without paying a penalty?

The three most common reasons for not completing the registration process are:

  1. People are unaware of California registration laws.
  2. People are evading payments of registration fees and taxes.
  3. People are unable to comply with air pollution control laws.

I don’t know about you, but the next time an out-of-towner pisses me off with their lack of driving abilities, I’ll be sure to jot down their license plate and report their ass on that website so I can have some measure of revenge.

BTW, I was completely off on talking about Adultcon, which is taking place on May 16th, which is obviously *next month*. For some reason I had a brain fart and thought it was this past Sunday. Whoops, my bad! :(

5 thoughts on “Out-Of-Staters”

  1. *laughs at Jason* When I moved here with my New York state plates, I had no idea that the deadline was 20 days. However no one turned my ass in.

  2. Yes it is illegal but it isnt wrong. The problem is that california already charges more fuel tax than any other state in the country. And then, coupled with the highest vehicle registration fees in the country and the poorest quality roads this side of the Mississippi River who would want to voluntarily give this this state more money.

Comments are closed.