I haven’t set foot in Ralphs since all that chaos went down last year and haven’t missed it once. The other night I just needed a bottle of water and was at the video store right next to Ralphs on Glendale and figured what the hell. Strikes over, I only need one thing, how bad can it be? Well kids, it can be REAL bad. In the minute or so I was in there before I ran screaming (in my head at least) back out the door without my water I saw…
– The biggest dirty black spill mark on the floor I’ve ever seen my my life, the kind that takes 2 minutes to clean up and any other store would have fired people if it was there for more than 3.
– a knocked over display
– a sign for that display knocked over and laying on the floor between an isle.
– rotting, bruised fruit with mold growing on it
– employees walking right past all this stuff not even caring.
– the manager stepping over the sign laying in the middle of the isle and not even thinking of picking it up.
– screaming kids in diapers sitting on the floor next to a cart with no parents to be seen anywhere.
– only one register open and a line all the way through the store.
– tons of employees walking around with nothing to do.
Seriously this is all what I soaked in in the time it took me to walk in the front door, walk down the front row of isles, decide there was no fucking way I could be in there for another 10 second and turn around a leave. I felt like I needed to take a shower after walking out of there.
Needless to say, I drove a mile to Gelsons and was much happier with that decision.