It’s that time of year and everyone is doing top-ten lists and I thought it would be neat to do a top ten list for what went down in LA in the art scene this past year. I must admit, though this year has gone by fast, it was a long year so please let me know if I missed anything or need to add something!
So, in no particular order…
1. Best museum show ñ Laura Owens at MOCA
3. Best gallery show ñ the first Millicent show
5. Best emerging artist in 2003 ñ Rachell Sumpter
7. Best artist book ñ Clayton Brothers ìThe Most Special Day of My Lifeî
8. Best artist items ñ anything that Liz McGrath makes
9. Best new medium ñ embroidery
10. Best artist I finally met ñ Raymond Pettibon
And the worst? The passing of great friend and art patron Craig Myers…we miss you!