I’m not even into metal and this looks awesome.
I always thought Slash was some iconic silent untouchable rock god, like in the song “Slash From Guns & Roses” by I See Hawks In LA. Never did I expect that when I actually met him he’d be approachable, down to earth, humble and not only articulate, but chatty and outgoing. So I’m doubly stoked to have a chance to give these tickets away. Here’s the deets (link for tix & more info):
- It’s at Club Nokia on Thursday, April 8 and will air on VH1 Classic on May 22
- Slash will open the show with several numbers from his upcoming debut solo album, Slash. Natch.
- Lemmy Kilmister of Motörhead, Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother and Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge, who appear on his album, will be his special guests.
- Lemmy will team up with Slash and Dave Grohl to perform the Motörhead classic “Ace of Spades.”
- Ozzy Osbourne will present the Metal Blade Golden God Award to Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford.
- Later in the evening, Grohl will be on hand to present Lemmy with the Revolver Golden Gods Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Rob Zombie will be joined for the first time by new touring drummer Slipknot’s Joey Jordison. Two songs from the group’s live set will air on ABC-TV’s Jimmy Kimmel Live Friday, April 23.
- Black Label Society leader Zakk Wylde will be on hand to perform a very special metal version of the national anthem.
- The show is hosted by Andrew W.K. and Chris Jericho
- See performances by Fear Factory (their first LA appearance ever with their new line-up), As I Lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada and last year’s host, Brian Posehn, with an all-star band featuring Scott Ian, Brendon Small, John Tempesta, Brett Anderson and Joey Vera.
To win a pair of tickets to what’s sure to be an epic show, tell me in the comments–what’s the most METAL thing you’ve ever done! I can’t wait to hear your stories. Whether you make ‘em up or they really happened, bonus points for evidence.