Speaking of not being at Sundance, I’ve been keeping up with the goings on in Park City — at least through one person’s eyes — here on Twitter. Screenwriter John August’s directorial debut is playing tonight at the festival and he’s sharing the minutia of his days with the internet. I think it’s pretty cool.
He will also be making part of the script available online at the same time that the screening starts.
Your film isn’t screening in Park City? Send it to us here!
I know its last minute… and a Saturday (with some beautiful weather outside)… but since I feel the pain of the thousands of local indie filmmakers who probably wish they were at Sundance, showing their movie, I offer a potential alternative:
Throughout this week I’ll be featuring reader submitted films here on blogging.la.
1. The film must be about Los Angeles in one way or another – the more specific the better, but this could simply be that the film was shot in L.A., utilizes locals, or was made by a resident. Ideally, though, the film is about something that could happen “only in LA”, or features an LA landmark.
2. The film must be available for easy, free online viewing, i.e. on YouTube, MySpace, or anywhere else that doesn’t require registration to access.
3. Shorts and features will both be considered, but the longer the project the more critical the selection process.
4. The film must not be screening in Park City, UT this month, or in any other past January.
5. Anyone involved in the film can submit, but they must be open about how they were involved.
To be considered, just email me a link to the clip (unsomnambulist at gmail dot com) or in the comments. Please include a brief synopsis and reason the film should be considered. I hope to begin posting these right away, so start sending these in now. I’ll continue posting films from this project through Sunday, January 28th (the last day of Sundance).
…sign made at AddCaptions.com…