This promises to be a really fun event. Its being taught by one of my favorite artists/sculptors Rick Kess. I love his work and this class he will teach you the basics of composition and painting while you enjoy complimentary refreshments and live music. Should be a ton of fun.
Its not free, the cost s $45 and includes the materials and lesson. Rick will make the class fun and educational at the same time. The proceeds from this event sponsored by the Monrovia Association of Fine Arts will go to fund their numerous projects that bring art to the community.
Arrive early and you can also take in all the great art presented by local artists at the last Summer Art Walk that will take place on Myrtle Avenue that night.
Deets: Saturday 8/31 7:30PM. Paint N Play Art Studio, 418 S Myrtle Avenue, Monrovia CA 91016 MAP HERE 626-256-4848 for Reservations.
- Artists Reception and Silent Auction Saturday night 12/20
- Last summer Art Walk in Monrovia Saturday 8/30 6:30 – 9:30PM
- Gallery reception and show “News Journalist Photography” Saturday 11/17
- Art Walk and Free Film Night in Old Town Monrovia Saturday.
- Monrovia Art Walk/1st Chalk Art Festival Saturday 7/26