I was catching up on my blog reading and spotted this bit on Truth About Cars. The maximum fine for driving and using a cell phone is increasing to a maximum of $528. Bicyclists are being included for the first time as well though their fines are only a maximum of $50. I think they should be on parity with each other but what the heck at least the disparity is being addressed now.
Link to the senate proposal HERE in pdf format. Pages 2 and 3 are where the good stuff concerning the changes to the cell phone and driving proposals can be found.
I for one am glad to see some stiffer penalites coming for using the phone while driving. What say you?
- Fact and Fiction about “New Driving Laws Taking Effect July 1st!”
- 64 Worst’s Sweet 16: Gang Violence vs. People Talking On Cell Phones While Driving
- California Legislature Bans Burger Eating While Driving; In-N-Out Forced to Change Name to In-N-In
- Today’s Lawbreaking Driving ‘Tard
- Dear Dude Driving the Black Camaro on Sunset Blvd around 8pm tonight…