On Saturday, May 14, 2011 from 10:00AM to 4:00PM all Neighborhood Fire Stations in the City of Los Angeles will be holding open houses for people of the community to come by and say hi! You can find your local station using the handy Fire Station Locator. From the Official LAFD blog post:
To increase awareness of our services, the Los Angeles Fire Department designates the second Saturday of May as Fire Service Recognition Day. This year, the focus is on Emergency Preparedness:
“Your Safety is Our Mission”
Neighborhood Firefighters are using this year’s Open House as a timely opportunity to help you be prepared for disaster.
They encourage your to bring your cameras although no word on if you can shoot your own calendar while visiting. All the stations are open to the public but the stations below will have something a little more special planned with demonstrations and enhanced displays.
- Fire Station 88 5101 North Sepulveda Blvd Sherman Oaks
- Ports O’Call Village San Pedro
- Fire Station 86 4305 Vineland Ave Studio City *Pancake Breakfast from 8:00AM to Noon
- Fire Station 56 2759 Rowena Ave Silver Lake
- Fire Station 27 & adjacent LAFD Museum 1327 North Cole Ave Hollywood *Pancake Breakfast from 8:30AM to 1:00PM
- Fire Station 34 3661 7th Ave Jefferson Park
- Fire Station 69 15045 Sunset Blvd Pacific Palisades
- Fire Station 65 1525 East 103rd St Watts
If you can’t make it on Saturday there are a few Stations that will be open on Sunday, May 15, 2011 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Fire Station 102 13200 Burbank Blvd Valley Glen
- Fire Station 58 1556 South Robertson Blvd Pico/Robertson
- Fire Station 61 5821 West 3rd St Fairfax District