Just in case the usual stroll through the various “Old Towns” in the SGV isn’t enough here are a few extras tossed in to serve as some diversions for the weekend. Be prepared for the heat as temps should skirt 100 in the Valley’s this weekend.
- All Weekend…top on my list is the Relay for Life events in Monrovia’s Library park. (Attached flyer does get bigger with a click for the full sized schedule). 321 S Myrtle Ave, Monrovia CA 91016
- All weekend Huntington Library “Corpse Flower” aka Amorphophallus Titanium in all its odiferous glory will be in bloom. Star News Story HERE.
- Saturday 6/5 Wild Rose Elementary First Annual Car Show and Fund Raiser. Awards include Student and Teachers favorites…I just may clean up my old Buick and attend rather than do chores around the house. 10AM – 2PM 232 Jasmine Avenue, Monrovia CA 91016
- Saturday 6/5 9:30-10AM Metro Gold Line Fillmore station’s remodel in Pasadena is officially dedicated. Meet some smarmy politicians and listen to the grandstanding for the coming elections. Snark aside…its quite a nice redo to the station and part of the ever expanding transit rail system Metro is working on.
- Sunday, June 6 1-5:30PM. Health screenings, tips on healthy living and free CPR training will be offered at a health fair in Pasadena. The free event at Victory Park, 2575 Paloma St., from 1 to 5:30 p.m. is sponsored by Code 3 Life Support Education and Pasadena City Councilman Steve Haderlein, who represents District 4.