TMZ, I love you. I never thought I’d say that. But that was my reaction after being pointed by the Los Angeles Times Local section online to these photos at TMZ.com purportedly catching First Lady Maria Shriver Schwarzenegger in the act. No, not an adulterous sex romp, but rather, two cell phone-in-hand chatting sessions while driving, at least one of which reportedly takes place in Los Angeles. Yeah, it was her husband Arnold who signed the law that Maria clearly appears to be breaking.
I can’t wait for Maria’s top five excuses:
5. I was stopped at a red light.
4. I was stopped in traffic.
3. The pics are Photoshop phonies.
2. It wasn’t me, it was Mariel Hemingway (top photo).
1. It wasn’t me, it was Amy Irving (bottom photo).
This once, I hope a TMZ celebrity story makes front page news and stays there. Maybe it will save some lives.