Dozens of events celebrating the Inauguration of President Barack Obama are taking place in the Los Angeles area alone, some beginning in time to watch the swearing in ceremony at 9am, PST, and leading into into the late hours with post Inaugural Ball bashes.
Please let us know at the comments how and where you’ll be celebrating (or not celebrating) Inauguration Day!
- Grab a breakfast burrito at Lucy’s El Adobe in Hollywood to celebrate, opening at 8am.
- The Casa Weston in Valley Village invites other “Obama Mamas” to watch the inauguration and share in some mimosas. 8am.
- The Barnsdale Gallery Theatre at the Barnsdale Art Park will be open at 8:30am for a free viewing party – bring your own food!
- For $25, enjoy a champagne toast to the new Commander and Chief at Hollywood Park – includes full brunch. 8am.
- All Saints Church in Pasadena will open at 7am for a community screening.
- The largest public Los Angeles viewing will be at LA Live, downtown, with a live stream running from 7am to 11:30am.
- Over 400 low income children attending the Para Los Niños Family Learning Complex will be watching on a 13’x9′ screen, and will receive a copy of the official inauguration invite and small American flag as a keepsake of the day.
- MSNBC’s live stream at the Bridge theatre appears to be sold out.
Additional events during the day:
- Masa of Echo Park will be opening at 11am for a Chicago style pizza party.
- Santa Monica’s World Cafe will be broadcasting the festivities on its 3 large screens, also beginning at 11am.
- The Art of Change Inaugural Ball at the Mayan, featuring performances by the Crystal Method and the Mutaytor. Tickets $10, doors at 7pm.
- Jackie Robinson Post 252 on Slauson will have a full dinner and dancing.
- An outdoor ball in Beachwood Canyon.
- Busby’s in Santa Monica will be holding a post-inaugural bash with a live DJ and some good ‘ol American beer pong.
If you know of any other events worth highlighting here on LA Metblogs leave it in the comments, or email me (at markland at gmail dot com).