- LAObserved’s Denise Hamilton was nearly killed as a U-Haul hitch smashed through her windshield as she headed home along the 5 Freeway. She had just attended an Esotouric bus tour – you know, those tours that feature the crazy deaths of Angelenos? Hamilton newest novel, The Last Embrace – a noir mystery based in 1949 LA – comes out July 1st.
- Barack Obama returns for a fund raiser at the Los Angeles Music Center tomorrow. Wilshire & Washington runs down the who’s-who list of expected attendees, and wonders how many Clinton supporters will show up. (Note to Clinton supporters: Get over it. They’re just not that into her.)
- Franklin Avenue gets invited to the coolest theme parties. This one, a 1940’s-era shindig in a historic rail car at Union Station. We’re telling ourselves that our invite was probably just lost in the mail.
- Is Silverlake the new Superstition Capital of the Southland? Fancy Notions writes about The Curse of the Bikini Dancers.
- And Ed from M-M-M-My Pomona notices the growing trend of cycling in L.A. and has a life-saving tip for you: wear a helmet.
Here’s my bike after being struck by an SUV about a month ago. My helmet was broken it two places, but I walked away (driven in an ambulance would be more accurate).
Photo of Ed’s bike from M-M-M-My Pomona
* David Markland contributed to today’s Bullets. Meaning that he wrote two of them. Guess which two out of the five to win no prizes whatsoever. Only if you have some free time, of course. Don’t let it take away from your normal Twitter schedule.