April 11, 2008 at 1:16 am in LA bloggers
“There’s a place on Venice Beach where graffiti artists can do their thing without breaking the law or destroying property. It was neat to see these guys creating their artwork, and they were very receptive to talking about it and having conversations while they worked.” (photo and text by auer16, used under Creative Commons)
- Can you imagine being locked out of your home… because its at the mechanic’s? Hobo blogger Jeff Stone is now forced to scale a chainlink fence to get and out of his RV while the exhaust is repaired.
- Mayor Sam (aka Michael Higby) interviews Jamiel Shaw, Sr., about a law Mayoral candidate/blogger Walter Moore has proposed in the name of Shaw’s son Jamiel, Jr., who was allegedly murdered by a gangbanger with a long rap sheet and is undocumented citizen.
- Street Heat has posted a video piece about BRT – “bus rapid transit.”
- Jeremy Oberstein at LAist takes a ride on Charles Phoenix’s final “Disneyland Tour of Downtown Los Angeles.”
- $70 will get you a month pass for Santa Monica’s Big Blue Bus. For $72, you can become a student at Santa Monica College and ride the BBB for free. Siel at LA Times’ Emerald City has the deets.
- Whats worse that another transplant in L.A.? A British transplant blogger… now taking driving lessons!