No, Eric Garcetti isn’t the L.A. City Nerd. At least I don’t think so. But thanks to those who bought it, if only for a little bit.
Some other pranksters:
- LAist’s Elise Thompson added “Critter Country” as the next entry in their Neighborhood Project.
- GMail unveiled “custom time,” allowing users to send email times and dated in the past – perfect for covering up forgotten birthdays.
- Mayor Sam’s Sister reskinned its site in orange and announced a partnership with Home Depot (screengrab here).
- Veronique de Turenne at L.A. Now rounds up some other local and national gags, including her own announcement that Google bought Malibu and renamed it Googlebu.
- Cybele May changed her sugar tooth inducing Candy Blog into Candie’s Blog, a tribute to the shoes, for the day – screenshot here.
Any readers get punk’d offline?