Inspired in no small part by Kevin Roderick, below is a recap of what you missed at blogging.la if you were off doing “shtuff” over this glorious weekend…
- Heather kicked off the weekend by giving some tips and picks for this weekend’s Artwalk at the Brewery.
- Surprise appearances by Quentin Tarantino, Zoe Bell, Eli Roth, and Jack Black at the Arclight’s Friday night opening of “Hot Fuzz” and post q&a with director and cast.
- Will Campbell reported on Saturday’s event pushing to open the Silver Lake Meadow, while Sean Bonner wrote that his two chihuahas miniature pinschers kept him from getting into the outdoor event. Jillian also pipes in with her take.
- Dateline NBC will (finally) air their story about Los Angeles conman Fred Brito this Tuesday night.
- Sean went Lebowski at Shatto Lanes in K-Town, and also wanted to know if any other readers are Twittering.
- Will found a Banksy-ish installation at Exposition Park.
- El Chavo! uncovered a more effective way of telling off crappy cell phone using drivers than a blog.
- Another edition of Sweatin’ Bullets… Congresswoman Juanita Millender-McDonald passed away in Long Beach… and a reader suspected he was targeted by parking enforcement for not having a front license plate.
- And bringing it all full circle, El Chavo! visited the Brewery Artwalk and came back with some sketches (his camera was lost or something) and observations that affirm he’s in no hurry to return.