Los Angeles missing from yet another Top
10 11 List
Metroblogging cities worldwide are smack talking each other over where they rank (or don’t rank) on Virgin Vacation’s listing of “the most popular and diverse… of the quite eye-catching transit systems.” Number one is London, and at 11 is San Paola Brazil.
Tym in Singapore makes a case for why their SRT system should be on the list and also gives a roundup of some of the other Metroblogging takes:
- Bangkok disputes London’s ranking and makes a case for the Skytrain/BTS.
- Berlin gives its two cents on other cities’ underground systems.
- Manila offers its own informal world rankings.
- Pittsburgh weighs in on why its T deserves to be included in the list.
- Tokyo assesses its own subway system.
Arzan Sam Wadia chimes in that New York “makes it (at) a lowly 7th”, although it is the only U.S. city on the list.
As for Los Angeles, our system would be #1 if it wasn’t top super secret. And by this I mean our gold laden system operated by the lizard people.