We just finished the last week of the year but that didn’t slow any conversations down here, lots of back and forth as usual. Don’t you people have families or something that you should have been hanging out with rather than posting comments all the time? Here are the most active threads from last week:
- Dead Man’s Party – Will Campbell pointed out some smiles in photos of Police Officers standing over a newly created corpse and all hell broke lose. Comments have lots of back and forth and talk of criminals deserving to die in the streets. Definitely one of the more interesting threads I’ve read in a while.
- Best New Restaurant On The Eastside…? – Lucinda Michele whips up a review and sparks the old eastside vs. really eastside argument. Holy crap we’ve been bickering over that one forever.
- New blog: LA Can’t Drive – Wowza! Talk about hot topics this week. Annika Barranti points out a new blog about driving skills, or lack there of and war is declared in the comments.
- Flags At Half-Mast – eecue posts a photo and everyone has an opinion about staffs and masts.
- Is The MTA All That And A Bag Of Chips? (Part 1) – Jillian phones one in from Vancouver. Does anyone have strong opinions about public transportation in Los Angeles? Turns out, yes they do.
Also, as a bonus – two posts of interest from around the network:
Happy New Year, World! – Auckland, New Zealand became the first Metroblogging city to post in 2007. We’ve still got a few hours of 2006 left here, but feel free to wish them a good one.
Bombs Over Bangkok – While people usually expect explosions of some kind on a day like today, I don’t think what’s going on in Bangkok is part of any celebration. Bombs are blowing up all over the city, more news here as it comes in.