I think this was the week of incidents. And the discussion there of. Here’s the most commented on posts from Turkey week.
- L.A. Song, Revisited… – Koga point’s out Blender Magazine’s list of the top 25 songs about LA. The comments note how totally full of shit this list is since X’s “Los Angeles” is #24. At least NWA came in at #2.
- Who Voted For the LAFD Discrimination Settlement or For $2.7 Million I’d Eat Dog Food Too! – This one has been getting a lot of press all over town but for some reason we ignored it until now. And suddenly we’re experts. Lots of punditry about the pros and cons of this one.
- Michael Richards Wants To Be Mel Gibson – Jay Bushman jumped on this rant right away. Includes the video and lots of follow up comments from people attacking and defending him. Racist rants are the new sex tapes.
- UCLA Taser Incident Just Keeps Getting Worse – Cindy Mosqueda brings more details to this one, including correcting the LA Times on some historical details. People seem to be very divided over this one, was the kid asking for it?
- Nice revenue trick, City of LA – Ruth666 just got fined for not paying a ticket she never got. Lots of “how to get out of this mess” advice in the comments.