Pre-emptively Saving My Bunny From a Big, Shiny Pot

At the risk of inviting a torrent of abuse, can anybody recommend a lawyer I can talk to about being stalked and harrassed? I’m not really sure where the line is drawn, or what the legal definition is in California, but I want to do whatever I can before my bunny gets boiled.

And no, it’s not Cameron Diaz I need protection from.

4 thoughts on “Pre-emptively Saving My Bunny From a Big, Shiny Pot”

  1. A few suggestions

    1) You can call the non-emergency line for the LA Police and ask them as they would be your first line of defense if someone is actually harassing /stalking you. You could also call the District Attorney’s office because they would be the ones prosecuting on the criminal level if it is to the level of criminal harassment / stalking.

    2) If you feel uncomfortable calling the LAPD for information you can go to It is a really good resource site for both the general public and attorneys. There is also a way to do searches for attorneys in your area on the site.

    3) If you want a private attorney just to advise you on your rights and perhaps to file civil charges of harassment against someone seek out a plaintiff’s attorney. If the person who you fear is a former spouse you may want to seek out a family law attorney aka divorce attorney because they can help with restraining orders. Most attorneys will at least give you a phon e consolutation (if it is an area of law they work with) and let you know if you have any shot at a good case.

    Sorry I can’t give you a name per se, but I hope this helped.

  2. Hey, the guy above is right. Your first call is to the police. Once they find someone has violated California’s anti stalking statute then you can get a restraining order.
    If you need an atorney the LA county bar association is a good place to start. I got the text of the stalking statute for you:
    ß 646.9. Stalking

    (a) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows or willfully and maliciously harasses another person and who makes a credible threat with the intent to place that person in reasonable fear for his or her safety, or the safety of his or her immediate family is guilty of the crime of stalking, punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than one year, or by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars ($ 1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, or by imprisonment in the state prison

  3. hey! didn’t you just indulge in a little target shooting. Get your game on baby!!!! BTW: I wanna go next time. I love having a smoking gun!

  4. In the meantime, it’s a good idea to keep a written record of every incident with this person. If they are just following you around but not trying to communicate with you, then I think it’s only legally called “shadowing” and not a crime. Anyway, I second using the CA State Bar as a resource. You can do attourney searches on their website or searchs for law specialists and they’ve got a bajillion little “Things you should know…” type guides.

Comments are closed.