The Star Wars Nerds on Liningup.net are weighing out options and have a few plans in place. Well, at least one of them does. Message board member “Obi Geewhyen” suggests:
Plan B – Keep the Line at the Chinese. Buy reserved seats at the Dome. Stay at the Chinese Line till a few hours before the movie, and make a grand march down Hollywood Boulevard, and down Vine Street to the theater where you can stroll in and take your assigned seat.
Plan C – Keep the Line at the Chinese as long as possible, but see the movie at the Vista. At some reasonable point necessary to be first in line at the new venue, move the Line to the Vista.
Plan D – Move the Line to the Vista. If that’s going to be the theater where LUn is seeing the movie, then perhaps that’s where the Line should be.
Plan E – Move the Line to the Dome. If management there will allow it, and that’s where LUn is seeing the movie, perhaps that’s where the Line should be. Reserved seating is only one fictional step away from keeping our usual Chinese Line together beyond ticket day, and only two fictional steps away from having the Line-Up altogether (since, um, it was always possible get a great opening show seat at the Chinese by showing up the morning of show day anyway).
Plan F – Disbanding the Line, or spliting into several groups to run little linelettes on Plans B, C, D and E.
10. The Episode 3 is playing at the Arclight, not Grauman’s Chinese.
9. Hot chicks go to the Arclight
8. Caramel Corn!
7. You won’t trip over the stupid holes in sidewalk like around here.
6. People will stop telling you to ‘Get a life.’
5. Natalie Portman goes to the movies at the Arclight.
4. You’re that much closer to Roscoe’s Chicken & Waffles.
3. You can play the ‘Count the Hipster’ game.
2. The Episode 3 is playing at the Arclight, not Grauman’s Chinese.
1. The Trekkies are laughing at you.
And, while all these people were making their lists Michael B and I decided to go over to the line in person and say “Hi!” I’ll be posting some photos and video in the next post – stay tuned.